WHO IS GOD? He is the living God of the Universe. He’s Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end. There’s no one before Him and there will be no one after Him. He’s Lord over all lords and King over all kings. He is a theocracy and not a democracy. He’s the only true and living God. HE’S I AM THAT I AM AND HE’S I AM FOREVER! He is HOLY and absolutely set apart and separated from all that is sinful. The Bible teaches us that God in His absolute Holiness and unfailing mercy has provided a way for us to be saved and to come to a full knowledge of the truth. Isaiah 6:3 3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. John 14:6 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. WHO AM I? Without Christ you are a lost sinner; and your heart is evil and wicked. You stand guilty before the righteous Judge of all the earth and you are under the wrath and condemnation of a Holy God. Psalm 51:5 5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Romans 3:23 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; John 3:18 and vs. 36 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED? In light of whom Christ is and what He has done for us on the cross, it is your responsibility to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. This means I must come to Christ and receive Him as my Lord and Personal Saviour, in believing the following scriptures: John 3:16 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Romans 6:23 23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. 1st John 1:9 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Romans 10:8-10 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- The Lord Jesus is the only Saviour. There is no salvation apart from Him. (Acts 4:12 and John 10:9)
- The Lord Jesus died and rose again for my salvation. (1 Thess. 4:14 and Romans10:9). You have to believe and confess Him as your Lord and Personal Saviour
- The Lord Jesus is able and willing to save me. (Isaiah 59:1)
- The Lord Jesus will save you if you trust Him and Him alone as your Saviour. Your spouse, your children, family members, job, and etc. cannot be your Saviour. They become an idol when you put them before the Lord. You have to trust Him and Him alone to be your Saviour.
HOW CAN I KNOW THAT I AM SAVED? Because God cannot lie. Salvation is total deliverance from the power and effect of sins. Anything that goes against the Word of God is sin. There’s no true deliverance without Salvation. Salvation is received by believing and confessing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Personal Saviour. (Titus 1:2) 2In hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the world began.
WHAT MUST I DO NOW THAT I AM SAVED? When you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour (Romans 10:9-10) it is your responsibility to grow and to keep on growing in the grace and knowledge of your Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ so you can live a righteous and Holy life before the Lord. Here are some ways to maintain your salvation: (once save is always saved – not true – the bible says you must work out your own salvation) and you can do that by: (Philippians 2:12) 12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (2nd Peter 3:18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
- As a personal testimony of your new life in Christ; be baptized in obedience to Christ command.
- Pray and read the Word of God on a daily basis.
- Find you a local church so you can get understanding of the Word of God through the man of God.
- Confess your sins to God (1st John 1:9).
- Be willing to share Christ with others. In other word be a bold witness for Christ.
- Be faithful to the Lord and speak God’s Words only.
- Avoid gossiping that will cause strife and hatred. Be quick to forgive.
- Always walk in the love of God.